Glacier National Park 2010

Saturday, March 9, 2013

I Will Survive

Hooray it is Saturday! After a busy, pain punctuated week.....that means moments of pain only...yay! it is the weekend. And I am ready to change my pattern.  Because my friends and family have indicated of late that I spend entirely too much time alone and at home....I've decided to get out and about more...whether it be on my own or with a friend.

Big step don't you think? I do and I'm a bit nervous about it.  But I have prayed about it and am trusting in God to keep me strong and focused.....which I know He will. This afternoon I'm going to the park to feed the ducks which is always fun.  It is a breezy partly cloudy day but lovely just the same.

Not sure what's causing it but I feel, well, really alive.....perhaps it is just the three cups of coffee I've had this morning...but it is a nice feeling. I slept with my window open last night and awoke to birdsong this morning and the day is progressing nicely. If I were pessimistic  I'd be wondering when the day will begin to go horribly wrong.....and though it might....I'm more optimistic that whatever happens, I'll be able to handle it. Or rather...I will handle it with God's help and guidance.

True I hit a 'bump' in the road several weeks ago and felt awash with feelings of self-doubt and depression....but I made it past the 'bump' and learned from the hurt it caused. And now I am sure my life is full of possibilities and if I choose wisely then hurt may be minimal......if I lack wisdom in choosing, then my wisdom will grow from the hurt I experience. Holding on to my faith and abiding in God's love, I will survive.

No comments: