Glacier National Park 2010

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring Break!

It is the week before Spring Break and here at school normal schedules are fighting to remain intact!  The biggest distraction for the students seems to be, of course, the thoughts of the multitude of adventures they plan to have when released from the strictures of studying for one entire week!  Add to that mix, RTI testing, a field trip for one grade level, presentations of the "Good Touch, Bad Touch" program for multiple grade levels....and for the younger students, Easter parties and Egg Hunts.  It is madness I tell you, madness!

Seriously, because all the class schedules are topsy- turvy this week, my schedule is as well.  I say that in explanation of why I'm blogging at this time of the day during a school week.  Am I excited about Spring Break? You could say that.

Some years MoMe and I have the same Spring Break so we try to have a road trip of some sort....our great Montana Adventure was experienced during Spring Break three years ago.  It was awesome!  Seeing Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park were both on our "bucket lists" so that is what we did!One year we visited MoMe's sister in Arkansas which was a lot of fun.  It was my first trip to the Ozarks. This year unfortunately her Spring Break falls in April....and mine does not.  Instead of a road trip to some exotic local, I will have a few days by the pool at "Spa MoMe."  It is a much needed respite for me....a time away from home to focus and clear my head.  The first time since my own personal epiphany last summer that I have been able to "get away" and just think.

Do you know how hard it is to think when one also has to go to a job, do laundry, clean and mop, grocery shop, etc? For me thinking in short bursts only serves to frustrate especially when issues are personal ones. And when one is trying to get to the core of who they are, long periods of unencumbered time is crucial!!  No wonder I'm making such slow progress....dirty dishes can be so very distracting...and in the long run much easier to deal with than character flaws which need correcting.

Since there are lots of issues I'd like to deal with concerning my own personal growth and development, I've decided to simply pray and let God put on my heart the issues I need to focus on.  For me each issue is of equal importance with the other.....God knows my inner most heart and is in the best position to guide me.  I've had to hit my knees and prostrate myself before God's Loving Wisdom many times.....and will never stop being willing to do so.  I'm His creation and He's not finished with me yet.....thank goodness.

No comments: