Glacier National Park 2010

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Blessings Everywhere

It has been a long day and I've just gotten home after a visit with my parents and a quick trip to the grocery store.  As tired as I am, I couldn't wait to share this!  And then eat!

With my current budget, this is the week of the month where things get squeaky tight....really squeaky.....the week where dinner may be limited to rice cakes with peanut butter or Vienna Sausages with crackers. You get the picture.  Well, today I realized I had no more rice cakes, Vienna Sausages, or crackers....sigh....and just about no more money.  I made a very careful shopping list and headed to the store after the visit with my parents.

Of course I was mentally praying that maybe one or two of the items I needed would be on special or my favorite, Buy One Get One Free!!  Are you ready for this? Everything on my list was at least 50% off and a couple of things were two for one! I spent less than I had budgeted and took home nearly twice as much......and I know Who to thank. A friend once told me that God always gives us more than we ask for.......that was proven today.

I don't know why I'm always amazed by God's blessings.  He has promised to always take care of me...to supply me with what I need.....and He never disappoints.  Maybe I shouldn't be amazed or astounded that God does what He does.....instead I should live in anticipation of whatever blessing He sends.....and be ever grateful for His Love.

No comments: