Glacier National Park 2010

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Counting My Blessings

Sometimes weekends are hard.....especially after several sleepless nights.....and lots of working despite the pain.  Seems harder to fight off negative thoughts.....makes being alone, well, lonelier. During the week my mind is on my job....on the children...on the people I work with.....on pushing through the day despite the pain coursing through every inch of my body.

On the weekends, its just me. I will say I am handling the negative thoughts much better than I used to.....but of course, back then I tried to deal with everything on my own. Now, I have my faith in God's ever present love to help me, to sustain me, to remind me that my life is good.

For now, I will use this time to rest and rebuild my strength. I will "count my blessings and name them one by one" as the song says.  I will thank God for being who He is and for loving me despite my insecurities. I will be thankful for good friends who listen and comfort when I need it....and who laugh with me and at me when I do silly stuff.....unintentionally. I will be proud of the adults my children are becoming and love them fiercely.

My life is good because God is in it.

No comments: