Glacier National Park 2010

Sunday, September 2, 2012

This is the Day



As a child, when I went to Sunday School and Bible School my favorite part of each was the time we spent learning songs. Often those tunes will pop into my head bringing with them happy memories. All day today I kept thinking of one in particular.  Although I can't sing it for you, I can share the words.

"This is the day, this the day,  that the Lord hath made, that the Lord hath made,
We will rejoice, we will rejoice,  and be glad in it, and be glad in it
This is the day that the Lord hath made, We will rejoice and be glad in it."

This morning I got up, had my coffee and my quiet time, and began to prepare to go to church. Every move was slow and deliberate because of the pain I was experiencing. Some of the pain was a result of my recurring bouts with fibromyalgia but it was compounded by the fact I've been on the wrong dose of my thyroid medication for 5 weeks.....but that's another story.

  It would have been so easy to take a pain pill and crawl back into bed......but that little song kept going through my head.....and as I showered and dressed I had one thought.  God made this day and I'm getting to live it!  That is cause for rejoicing if nothing else is. My only responsibility is to be glad about whatever the day brings. Some days it is difficult and I don't do a very good job with the whole being glad part.

God is good to put people in my life to help with that......and He lets me experience things which remind me how blessed I am......and that just makes me want to share His love with anyone who has yet to experience that love for themselves.

As I write I am still in pain but that's okay too. I look at it as another opportunity to "be still" and let God do His stuff.  It gives me a chance to pray......for myself....for others....and to be thankful that everyday is a day "that the Lord hath made."  I will rejoice and be glad.


No comments: