Glacier National Park 2010

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Life is Good

This morning I was reminded yet again how glad I am to have found a church to attend, a church with which to belong. I was moving a bit slowly this morning and so was a bit late arriving at church services....how wonderful to walk in and feel the presence of God so strongly.....to hear voices raised in joyful praise.....to know without a doubt I was where God wanted me to be!

God lead me to Crossroads at a time when I was broken inside and still trying to figure out how to put the pieces back together. Through the music God began the healing I needed....through the messages delivered by the different pastors God showed me the way to live life fully. Of course, I still struggle....who doesn't?  But God always comes through, reminding me through songs, Scripture, and yes, through the lives of people around me, that I am an important player in His plan for us. As are we all.

As God's people we have the responsibility of sharing God's love and His perfect plan for each of our lives.  In Ephesian 4:2-3 we read, "Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of our love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace." Reading those words today I couldn't help but marvel once again at God's consistency in giving us guidelines for a good and happy life.  Just think, what a wonderful place this world would be if we all were striving to be humble and gentle....patient with each other....loving our fellowmen enough to make allowances for their faults instead of condemning them......and to unite ourselves in the Spirit of God so that we might experience His perfect peace.

Every day is an adventure and sometimes a struggle.....but I wrap myself in God's love and move forward to whatever He has in store. He is my Father and I am His child and He has made my life so much better.

No comments: