Glacier National Park 2010

Saturday, August 4, 2012

He Hears My Voice

"But I call to God, and the Lord will save me. Evening and morning and noon I utter my complaint and moan and He hears my voice." Psalm 55:16-17

The past couple of days have been kind of rough.  My surgery was less than 10 days ago and I'm not as far along in my recovery as I had hoped.  I'm still dealing with pain issues coupled with increased itching along the incision. My mother says that means its healing.....I certainly hope so.

The biggest issue is the ban on driving!  The fact that I am limited to this apartment with no human contact has brought on a bit of depression.....and I vented quite thoroughly about that to my best friend this afternoon. God bless her for her patience. After talking to her, I dried my tears and did what I should have done in the first place.

I talked to God......and I cried some more.  But the bottom line is, I am really so blessed.  Yes, I'm still experiencing discomfort from the surgery BUT there was no cancer!  So I can't jump in the car and go somewhere.....there are lots of projects here at home to work on.  No I don't have a 'special' someone.....but I am special to Someone and He created everything!

Believing in God doesn't mean every day is perfect nor does it mean I don't have low moments.  The joy comes from knowing He hears me "evening and morning and noon."  I can whine and moan...I can shout and scream....but I can also laugh......and sing for joy.  I don't have to limit what or how I express myself to God.  He loves me just as I am.....and as I grow spiritually, He will continue to love me and guide me and help me become who He planned me to be.

No comments: