Glacier National Park 2010

Monday, July 30, 2012

At Peace With Myself

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

Today was such a good day.  I had minimal pain from the incision site.....I slept well....I felt, well, peaceful.....and I still do.  Those who know me well will appreciate that comment.  You see I have always been an emotional person and have not been shy about showing my emotions.....maybe it is the Italian in me. Needless to say, that particular trait is not always conducive to feeling at peace.

There is no doubt as to the source of my new found peace....communing daily with God.  By communing, I mean more than just praying because I have always been a great believer in the power of prayer........though I had the misconception that it was meant for others more 'worthy' than myself.
If you've been reading my blog for any time you know that I have recently discovered that God loves me, has always loved me, very much! And that not only am I worthy of prayer....I mean so much to God that He wants me in His Presence......yep, He really does! I rejoice in that knowledge constantly.

Back to communing.....for me this means waking up every morning eager to read God's Word and increase my understanding of how awesome God is......it means talking to God about whatever may be troubling me...asking Him to show me how I can better become the woman He needs me to be......sharing with Him the problems friends and loved ones may be experiencing...........and lately, it has been about resting.....letting God take care of me and the ones I love.....not worrying because I have faith that God is in charge of me.

For so long, I felt that it was my job to worry about anything, everything, anyone and everyone.......that is NOT a peaceful feeling. Furthermore it didn't do one bit of good.....not for me nor for the things I worried about.

Now, instead of worrying, I talk to God and feel the warmth and peace of His presence sooth my mind and my heart.  He keeps me safe from thoughts which are negative and have no benefit to me.....He brought peace to my spirit and I like the person His peace has helped me become.

No comments: