Glacier National Park 2010

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Wait Upon the Lord

Just a quick update for now.....I had the thyroid surgery yesterday and am home recovering.  It was a truly surreal experience......and I know the only way I managed to get through it was because of the following verse:

"Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord." Psalm31:24

As I took each step in the process yesterday, I thought of all those people praying for me and I drew strength from that.  I knew that God was honoring each prayer and it brought me peace.  I prayed for each nurse, each doctor, each person involved in the pre-op, the actual surgery and the post-op.  If I felt myself becoming anxious, I would hum a praise chorus and it brought me back to that place of peace in God's arms.

The surgery didn't go exactly as planned because the thyroid and the nodules were much larger than initially indicated.  So instead of a 3 in. incision I have a 7 in. ear to ear incision. Quite the conversation starter!  The pain is tough at times...but then I just release my thoughts to God and ask Him to help me through it.  So far it is working well.

God is truly working in my heart, my mind, my body.......He is fixing parts of me I never thought could be fixed.  And I think He's doing so because He has a job for me......don't know what it is yet but all I can say is, "yes Lord use me. I am willing and obedient."

No comments: