Glacier National Park 2010

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Game Plan

In this present phase of my life, so many things I once believed to be true turned into lies and the person I was, is no more. The transitions have been painful and eye opening.  And initially, I didn't know what I was going to do, how I was to go on, and with the health issues, I didn't know how long I'd even be around to worry about it.

Those who read my words know the things I'm talking about.  Today I want to clarify some things.

I've come through fire and been burned but like the mythical phoenix, I am rising from the ashes...a new creature.  As a new creature, my plan is to follow the advice I found in Proverbs 3: 5-8.  Rediscovered it today as a matter of fact. Reading the following words filled me with hope again:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones." Prov. 3 :5-8

There you have my gameplan.  Trust God and let Him guide my way.  Admit I don't know everything and stay away from the things I know to be wrong....and when I'm weak or not sure...pray and let God teach me.  If I do this, then I will be healed and refreshed......and I see this as referring to my mental, spiritual and emotional health.......the physical healing will follow....but in God's time.

No comments: